Table 1 SRS-ECU stitch description
5. The maintenance operation must be started after 60 seconds following the removal of negative connection of
accumulator, wrap the negative with insulating tape for insulation.
Due to the capacitance in SRS-ECU to maintain certain power to make the safety airbag release within a certain time after the
power-off of accumulator, the operation must be started after a while to avoid any possible major damaging accident caused
by the safety airbag’s improper release.
6. The parts such as SRS-ECU, safety airbag module as well as clock spring should be removed off and well preserved
providing the temperature is high enough to cause any damage(above93¡æ) in the painting operation.
The failure codes must be debugged with the diagnostic scanner following the repairing of SRS safety airbag system so as to
make alarm lamp work functionally.
Instructions for maintenance
For your safe operation, please read the following instructions prior to your operation.
1. The maintenance of SRS safety airbag must be operated under the procedure and directions instructed in this
2. The operation must be done with the test instruments and special tools designated by the chapter.
3. The following parts must be replaced by new ones providing something wrong with them.
a. SRS safety airbag control unit (SRS-ECU)
b. Clock spring module
c. The driver’s side safety airbag module
e. Safety airbag wiring harness.
4. The safety airbag electric principles figure and definitions of connector clips are in Figure 1,SRS-ECU stitch
definition in Table 1 and the position and form of safety airbag failures indicator lamp in combined instrument in
The driver’s side safety airbag, low position
The driver’s side safety airbag, high position
Passengers’ side safety airbag, high position
Passengers’ side safety airbag, low position
Diagnosis of serial data I/O (K-line)