Overloading of your tires is dangerous.
Overloading can cause tire failure, af-
fect vehicle handling, and increase your stopping
distance. Use tires of the recommended load
capacity for your vehicle. Never overload them.
TIRES — GENERAL INFORMATION
Proper tire inflation pressure is essential to the safe and
satisfactory operation of your vehicle. Four primary
areas are affected by improper tire pressure:
• Safety and Vehicle Stability
• Tread Wear
• Ride Comfort
• Improperly inflated tires are danger-
ous and can cause collisions.
• Under-inflation increases tire flexing and can
result in overheating and tire failure.
• Over-inflation reduces a tire's ability to cush-
ion shock. Objects on the road and chuckholes
can cause damage that result in tire failure.
• Overinflated or under-inflated tires can affect
vehicle handling and can fail suddenly, resulting
in loss of vehicle control.